You have an important date, and want a fresh new look, but its two weeks till you get your next paycheck and you can’t afford to buy new clothes. An inexpensive solution is to accessorize your outfit.
There are many ways to brighten up last seasons clothes without breaking the bank. Understanding the look you wish to create is the key to accessorizing without overspending. Costume jewelry used to be looked down upon as cheap and throwaway; however modern designer fashion jewelry is made with high-quality materials and designed to make you shine in a crowd.
Update your look for less:
- Wear a colorful glass beaded necklace with a plain white shirt to glam up your office attire.
- For a night out, simulated diamond necklaces and bracelets look stunning with your staple little black dress.
- Add a sparkling twist to your look by wearing a beaded brooch in a new way. Celebrities have been spotted with brooches pinned in their hair like a barrette, or used to jazz up an evening bag.
- For a trendy boho look, spice up your arms with style bangles.
- Give new life to a pair of sandals by accessorizing with a beaded anklet.
As well as designer fashion jewelry, there are other key accessories which will transform your outfit from drab to fabulous. A girl’s best friend may be diamonds in the song, but real women know their true best friends are shoes and bags. Even on a ‘fat day’ your favorite shoes and handbags still look great.
The key to not overspending on these items is to plan your purchases in advance and not shop on impulse – hard we know but essential in these tough economic times. Consider inexpensive alternatives to designer label and branded merchandise. Jute bags have been popular since the days of the spice trade and are catching on fast in the US. Most people recognize the need to protect the environment and a jute bag makes the statement that you care. Handcrafted entirely from natural fibers, a jute bag is a stylish and green alternative to plastic and manmade materials. They are also inexpensive and durable – saving you money.
There are many inexpensive ways to give a new twist to your last season’s clothes. Do not be afraid to experiment, be creative and to try using old items in new ways. Above all have fun.